Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Would you ever make rude comments about your kids' friends parenting styles?

My friends are very rigorous, traditional, religious parents. Their kids' friends parents constandly make rude comments about them.





1) If their kids are visiting their friends and a rude comment is made, is it appropriate for the kids to tell the friends parents off while in their home and on their property?





2) How else can they deal with this?Would you ever make rude comments about your kids' friends parenting styles?
How can they deal with it? Just stop hanging out with them. It's that simple. The children need to know to stand up for themselves and not tolerate people who put them down.Would you ever make rude comments about your kids' friends parenting styles?
If the children were raised in a ';rigorous, traditional, religious'; home by parent's of the same.... the children have been taught to respect their elders.





The answer to your question is ..... No. Because they have been taught not to mouth off to older people no matter what.





No child should ';tell off'; an adult. They can sit and have an adult conversation with them starting with; ';there is something that bothers me....';. If a child started ';telling me off'; in my home, I would call the parents to come get the child and that child would not be allowed back in my home until they apologized to my face.





The child can tell their parents and the adults can make a decision on how to handle it but it is not the child's place to do anything.





Anyone who would speak that way of a so called friend is not a friend. Friends are supportive or if there is a problem they will tell you to your face in a kind and tactful way.





Also, why are these parents letting their kids hang out with people who do not share the same values they do? Or allegedly do. If they are not monitoring who their kids spend time with then I do not believe your description of their parenting style.





Who knows... they may be well aware of how others speak of them and really don't give a rats patoot and this is how it should be.
1) Tell them off? not appropriate. Comment, maybe, but they should be respectful in someone else's home. They sound like they were raised to!





2) They can either let it pass, or ask the parents to not make comments like that in front of them. Afterall, it is their right to have the opinion and to voice it in their house, but it is bad manners to make discouraging or rude remarks to the kids.
No I wouldn't.Even if I didn't agree with it,it is none of my business.They can parent however they want %26amp; I do not care.I don't think it's rude to the parents tell them off.The children,however,is another story.No child has any business telling an adult off.I would tell my child to let me know if they start talking rude about it.Then go from there.If someone is at my house %26amp; is rude to me,I am not just going to sit there and take it.I wouldn't even do it at their place.I would tell them that I understand that they do not beleive the same way that I do,but would appreciate if they kept their rude comments to themselves.If they cannot do so,then they should come around us.If that didnt work-I would tell them to mind their own business %26amp; I wouldn be hanging around them anymore.
I was raised to believe that it was never OK to tell off your friend's parents. If the kids have a problem with it, they should discuss it with their parents and stop hanging around the rude family.

No comments:

Post a Comment