Thursday, May 13, 2010

How come I rarely see the top contributor from the parenting section?

How can someone be the ';top contributor'; if they almost never contribute?How come I rarely see the top contributor from the parenting section?
Per her profile she was an insomniac who got her sleep issues fixed and spends less time on here now. I don't know how you get to 46,000 points or whatever she had, but I don't have enough time to do it. How come I rarely see the top contributor from the parenting section?
I guess your talking about Old School Mom, she used to be here a lot when I first came like 2 years ago. She was in my contacts and we talked a couple times on email. I don't know what happened to her I was wondering this the other day lol





I had top contributor before and its because I answered tons in only Parenting and got a lot of best answers. I wanted it so bad and then I got it, moved and wasn't on a while and lost it. So if I get it back good, if not thats okay too... I feel the regulars know who I am and if they like my answers they'll see me =)
She probably had a time where she answered a ton of questions. Some of the may have went to voting, so it seems likes she's getting BA on a regular basis. If you don't get BA's for about 2 weeks, it goes away. Top Contributor is percentage based, how many best answers you have in a specific category in a set time.





It's that way in most sections. If you go to Rock and Pop, the top answerer is somewhat of an urban legend. People say he exists, but not many have actually seen him.
I read the top answerer's profile, too. It made sense that she couldn't sleep, hence the 40 some thousand posts! lol


I do not know how anyone can break that title, really.


I get my badge taken if I log off for a week, then sometimes it comes back. I don't know.


I also think it depends on the amount of top contributors in a certain section. I got my Christmas badge within 2 weeks, but it took me about 4 months to get my parenting badge, at first.
Hi, how are you doing? I'm here, I'm not a myth!


Just so you know, I've never had an orange bar, though :( - so lucky you!


Part of it is that I've been on YA since a few weeks after it started, so I'm a long-timer. The points just add up!


I just share what I can, when I can - when I feel I have something to share, to add, to advise....


I think there are just so many questions on each of these sections that we just can't notice everyone all the time.


(And it's nothing nefarious that my answers are set to private - it's because I've had two stalkers on here, and that's no fun to go through!)


I do wish YA would change their system though - I get tired of seeing my face at the top of some of the pages, lol! Plus, I don't need the points, either - would be happy to donate them!


And, yes, the insomnia is ongoing - I'm usually on here around 4 a.m. when I don't really feel like doing much else, and the family is obviously still asleep. I don't take away time from the family to be on here, or anything like that... I'm also a fast reader and typist, so I tend to go through a big volume of questions.


Hope your day is happy!
I don't know either, but I want one! When I first started this I started in weddings and I got one after just a few weeks, but after my wedding I moved to parenting and it went away and I have never had it sense! And that sucks bc I swear I practically live in this section!
*shrug* Who knows? I don't even know how you qualify to be a ';top contributor';. I see so many people on here ALL the time that I think should be a top contributor, but they aren't. I WANT MY LITTLE ORANGE TITLE TOO! lol
Because she has the most Best Answers and no matter how long one is here, they wont be able to catch up for a long long time.
Stole my badge they did. **Sobs quietly in the corner**





I am bothered by this, I want my badge back. It made me feel special.
I see so many top contributor badges I can't even keep up. I want one though. :) but I don't know how I get one.
HERE I AM!!!
Why would it bother you??? There are more things in life to be concerned about than who or why gets top contributor.

No comments:

Post a Comment