Sunday, May 9, 2010

Feminist do you think your opinions on things differ from the woman in the parenting forum?

If so why?





I know some of you are thinking what does parenting have to do with anything here but a lot of the same issues such can come up such as working women and abortion.Feminist do you think your opinions on things differ from the woman in the parenting forum?
Yes opinions differ greatly between Feminists and Full Time Moms (or parents). They are opposites. Like Republicans and Democrats, or Atheists and Believers.Feminist do you think your opinions on things differ from the woman in the parenting forum?
Your opinions on things can differ from the woman in the parenting forum or women in G %26amp; WS forum or feminist women or non-feminist women or anti-feminist women. Opionion of feminists can also differ. Parenting does have a lot to do with G %26amp; WS apart from working women and abortion. Everybody should have the right to have and express thier opinions and differ in opinions is what I think.
I don't go over there and I do have kids of my own, I get enough advice from others as a foreigner living in Egypt that I don't want advice and thus I won't give it regarding kids.





I used to stick to Polls and Surveys but I wasn't getting best answers too much and wasn't really contributing to real answers that help shape us as individuals, so I started hanging around psychology, and Egypt, this is the first time being here.





I have my own ideas about abortion and working women, abortion is too touchy a subject and I don't like to approach it.





Where as working women, it's great to be a contributer to society and not just a day in and day out maid; unless you like that type of life then all the more power to you.





But I want for my daughters to be able to care for themselves completely and only have a man as a companion in life and not the center of their world. He may pass away or leave so they have to learn to take care of themselves first and be able to care for their own kids. Working is a step towards independence and freedom, here in Egypt many women have to ask permission to work and many men make it known before marriage that he refuses her to work.





If something happened to him how could she handle her life and kids without an income, experience or knowlegde of the working world.





Also what if he was abusive and shattered her self esteem, many women live in fear and he controls her every actions, I thank God that I am free and working and can take care of myself and my family. That for me is a very secure base to work from.





Am I feminist? According to Middle East standards very feminist. I don't hate men there are many good ones. I have always been boy crazy since I was little but a woman has to know how to stand on her own two feet.
i don't ever go to the parenting section so I don't know.
I've never been to Parenting, so I wouldn't know. Tell us more.
I don't go over to that forum very much because I no longer have small children. However, I'm not really aware of people who go over there to push their own personal agendas. Most of what I've seen are those asking questions and seeking advice from others.
  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment