Thursday, May 13, 2010

How much does it annoy you when people who don't have kids critisize your parenting?

I don't mean offering advice, I mean being critical, or like ';I would never do that';. How would they know if they don't have kids?How much does it annoy you when people who don't have kids critisize your parenting?
Opinions are like as*holes , everybody has them. These people that do not have kids will be eating a lot of crow when they do finally have kids and realize it isn't as easy as they think. I get a good laugh myself thinking back to what I said I was and wasn't going to do.How much does it annoy you when people who don't have kids critisize your parenting?
Most of the professional nannies I know (if not all) have never given birth to a child, but they have enough experience to be paid (and someone does pay them) $4,000 a month.
Because a lot of them have close relatives with children and see what the parents do wrong. (Often, parents seem to come equipped with blinders!)





I have seen a lot of friends who otherwise had a logical mind and level head, then they have kids and its like they have lost all common sense.





This does not go for all parents, of course. But just because we dont have children does not mean that we have not been around enough children to know a thing or two!!! (or three or four)





In my case, I was a daycare teacher for several years. I took care of 8 toddlers a day!!! I did the math one day during nap time, and figured out that I saw those kids on average per week more then thier parents!!! Often, the parents would come to me for advise!





Listen, because you obviously are a parent you naturally tend to get highly offended and sour when it comes to someone else offering you advise on how to do your job. And when this person happens to have no children, you nit pick at that and think ';how dare they act like they know.';





Everyone has opinions. You dont think I get offended when someone tells me I ';dont know what im talking about'; ??
A lot of times I don't even like it if they do have kids unless I asked for the advice, or I am close to them.....
It annoys the hell out of me. I feel like no one should criticize unless they have children of their own. It also annoys me when my parents and in-laws don't like your methods of punishment even though that's how I was punished. I think that when parents become grandparents their aspect on punishment changes. It is very weird.
They don't. But it doesn't stop people from telling you what they think is best. It's completely aggravating. The worst part is that they usually think they're being helpful.





I guess if you don't have children yourself, the world is still black and white. But once you do, you learn that you have to compromise--all the time.
Oooh, that really burns me up. I had a friend tell me once when my daughter was 10 months old(my friend does not have kids) that I can't just let my daughter dictate my every move. She wanted me to come over to her house which is 60 miles away and it would interfere with my daughter's naptime and her schedule, making her a very cranky baby on the ride back, sounds reasonable, right? She didn't think so!
I don't have kids, and would never dream of criticizing a mother! I've been raised to know that mother's (even the worst out there) demand our respect.





My FMIL (future mother in law) criticizes my FSIL (future sister in law) all the time about her parenting. It just causes a huge rift between them. Luckily though, I'm able to sit back and see how my FMIL interacts with my FSIL so I know how she'll treat me when I'm a mother (rolls eyes).





If someone says something rude to you, it's not like you can say, ';Well, you don't have kids, so how the heck would you know!'; (even if you want to, you'll come off way meaner than the person who was originally rude). Instead, do what I do when someone makes a rude comment to me. Say, ';Well gee, thanks for your input.'; Smile kindly and turn away. They'll start to say ';You're welcome'; then realize you weren't *really* thanking them ;)





Good luck


-kiki
P olitely tell them that I am only babysitting my grandchild while my child prepares to recieve the nobel peace prize.
Regardless of whether or not they have kids, they still have eyes, ears, and a brain.


I don't have kids, but I see plenty of examples of bad parenting near enough every day.......you don't have to be a parent yourself to recognize what's right and wrong.
You know that feeling you get rite after you eat corn on the cob and you get some of the cob stuck between your teeth but no matter how hard you try to poke it out it just won't budge? There you go.
i used to threaten ppl like that with dropping my kids off at their house for a week.....the problem with that was that my kids do not act out in front of anyone except their father and i. now my nephew....that trick would work if i dropped him off with someone like that!!!! they'd be looking for a rope to hang the child!!! he's a good kid, but has some mental issues that are topped off with adhd. he's a handful!!! i love him dearly, but i can't handle him for more than a few hours. and i've raised 4!!!!!!
My son (3 and autistic) had started having a meltdown at the mall. The only thing left to do is take him out, or he will never calm down.





I picked him up kicking, screaming, spitting, and walked out. I put him down on the sidewalk (using jacket as pillow so he didn't hurt his head) so he could calm down. Some woman walks up to us and says she's going to call CPS and the cops if I don't pick him up and take care of him. I offered her my cell phone for the calls.





It took my son all of 4 minutes to calm down. When he was done he got up and asked for water. Yes I know the sidewalk is a little gross, but there was no way I could make it across the parking lot with him, he's getting way too big.
SHOOT THEM - OR MAKE THEM BABYSIT YOUR KIDS FOR A MONTH
it drives me crazy.





Like when I'm in the store and I tell my daughter that we are only getting what is on the list and she throws a fit because she wants something that is not on the list. and they look st me like I'm a dad mom because I told her NO.





It makes me so mad.
As a mother, it does drive me crazy hearing ';advice'; especially from complete strangers. I am NOT an idiot and I have my daughter's best interests at heart!


BUT, before I was a mom as well as now, there is a place for calling out abuse. Way too many kids are beaten up or verbally/emotionally abused, and if someone sees it or hears about it, something does have to be done. I say this as a mom who spanks when my daughter needs it!
alot! Or how about when they criticize your parenting when their kids ended up locked up or dropping out of school at 15. It is so easy for people to look down their nose at someone when their own backyard needs a little tending to.

No comments:

Post a Comment