Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where can i find information on birth and parenting classes?

Im in my 21 st week of pregnancy.When should i register to these classes and what are the criteria for their selection? where can i find the informations?


please help..Thankyou.Where can i find information on birth and parenting classes?
Call your hospital where you will deliver and they can tell you when people usually take the class, and what classes are offered. I would take a pregnancy, labor, and newborn class - most classes offer an all-in-one class, but if not, register for whatever you can.Where can i find information on birth and parenting classes?
Contact either your OB or the hospital you intend to give birth at. Either can give you specifics. My OB gave me teh info at my FIRST visit.
Ok - call me the dissenter, but I wouldn't stop my search at your hospital or doctor's office... check with your local chiropractor's office, yoga or pilate's studio, or other free-standing business. The reason is that, if you limit your search to hospitals, you will receive a good-patient hospital class - whereas if you research beyond the 4 walls of a hospital or doctor's office, you will have more options for open education that is not hindered by hospital policy.





Some places to look are listed below...
Contact your OB's office. They can usually inform you. Some even offer them. Most hospital's offer them as well. Contact the hospital where you plan to deliver because they will usually include a tour of the maternity ward as well. I was informed that I should take them so that I am finished with them at least 1 month before my due date. The class I took was 6 weeks.
Go or Call a local hospital they have a list that they will give you and sometimes they even offer the classes at the hospital. Best Wishes.
You should ask your local hospital what is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment