Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What do i need to know before going into planned parenting if I want to go onto the pill?

I'm interested in going on the pill.


I'm 18 and am planning on going into that planned parenthood place.


And I do not want my parents to know.


Thing is, I don't know what to bring in.


Do i need medical history? Do I need to know anything special?


and if I'm going on the pill, will they need to do a pelvic check or anything?


i imagine not but I'm still curious.








thanks a lot.What do i need to know before going into planned parenting if I want to go onto the pill?
you are old enough to do these things by yourself, they will probably want to take your bloodpressure and to know if anyone in the family has heart problems or bloodclots.


The doctor cannot tell your parents, anyway, you are legally an adult, but you must realise that no contraception is 100% reliable.What do i need to know before going into planned parenting if I want to go onto the pill?
you will need your insurance card if you have one. You will have to fill out paperwork with your medical history, but don't need to bring a seperate paper for that. they will most likely do a pelvic exam and a pap and std check before giving the pills. your parents don't need to know. good luck thanks for being responsible before having sex.
You can visit their website





plannedparenthood.org





and good for you for being safe. [:


if you do need parents consent, you can be honest with your parents and hopefully they will be understanding





If you know they won't be, you can always use the excuse of irregular periods/heavy periods as birth control is sometimes a cure for those.
You need to know your sexual history. You need to know about your menstral cycle. You need to know basic info about yourself(your name, date of birth, etc). Nothing major. You'll be fine and yes they'll prob do a pap smear. Good luck
You're 18, you don't need consent from anyone!





It'll just be like a normal consultation with a doctor....no need to stress yourself out.
You dont need to bring in anything, you just go in and say that you want to get on birth control

No comments:

Post a Comment