Thursday, May 13, 2010

What are the best books on effective parenting? I have a 7 and 9 year old?

Sometimes it is overwhleming and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I need a good how to manual. My kids are good kids but I could use help with discipline and motivating them.What are the best books on effective parenting? I have a 7 and 9 year old?
You aren't alone....trust that! I wish they came with instructions....positive reinforcement helps, showing them exactly what you want them to do helps, communicating....i told my son many times i am at a loss of what to do with him ...we are very open and honest. We set up a chart of ';chores'; from brushing teeth to dusting the furniture with a treat or $$ at the end of the week if he accomplishes his tasks.





kidsource.com is goodWhat are the best books on effective parenting? I have a 7 and 9 year old?
Books are good tools, but each child if different in their own way...tread carefully. There is no such thing as manual for parenting (I wish there was though!) Be a listener, be patient, lovingly firm and try the best you can...Thats the real deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment