Thursday, May 13, 2010

Any good Parenting books that you have read lately?

I was at the book store last night looking at parenting books that deal with disapline for teens and or preteens? There are so many, I didnt want to waste money so I am on here asking if you have read any good one's that you would recomend.





Thank you!Any good Parenting books that you have read lately?
I don't have teens but How to Talk so your Kids Listen and Listen so your Kids Talk is one of the best people skills book I have ever read. I think it applies for all ages.





Good luck.Any good Parenting books that you have read lately?
I really hated ';Love and Logic'; because the authors are psychologists and they haven't even tried this on their own kids. I loved ';Kids are worth it'; because the author not only successfully parented her own kids, but had amazing success turning around behaviorally challenged teens at work with her methods. I tried her suggestions and got quick, lasting results on challenges that I hadn't been able to solve in months or years.





My kids aren't teens yet and I get most of my parenting ideas from church, but those are my thoughts on parenting books.





***


I once scanned through ';How to Talk so your Kids Listen and Listen so your Kids Talk'; and it looked like a decent book too.
I actually found some good parenting books and article on Teens respecting themselves on http://www.tripleaytche.com/kidsandteens
i am 19 yr so i don't have any children and i am not married but i can tell u that the best book is doctor Phil's book
My favorites are the Love and Logic books and How to talk so your kids will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment