Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What do you say to someone when they critique your parenting?

For example: if someone in the grocery store says something about your child acting out or someone in your family questions the way you discipline your children... what do you do?What do you say to someone when they critique your parenting?
My son was a preemie (Almost 3 months early) and he had to be on a feeding tube so I had to pump breastmilk for the nurses to put in his feeding tube. By the time he came home after 10 weeks I could not pump enough for him so I had to put him on formula. A few months after he came home I had gone to Costco with my mother in law and I was sitting and giving my son a bottle. A woman had the nerve to walk up to me and say ';I hope that's breastmilk'; (I read this response in a parenting magazine and loved it so I used it ). I told her that I don't tell people what to do with their bodily fluids so I don't appreciate being told what to do with mine.'; Her face turned beet red and she turned around and left.What do you say to someone when they critique your parenting?
stranger in grocery store:


';Tell me how to raise my kid and I'll smack your butt, too!';





family:


';You had your turn raising kids, now let me get on with mine.';
I'd say, ';Why are you looking at my child that way...';





Then I'd shout, ';Hey! There's a pervert here that's harassing my child! Someone call security!';





Not only will they hide their face in shame, they'll go running out the store without their goods and probably never come back.
Just say ';I'm sorry you don't like my parenting. You do it your way and I can do it mine.';
I tell them : gee i see u have no children well then u need to mind your own business...
STRANGERS I JUST IGNORE. IF MY FAMILY OR MY HUSBAND'S FAMILY QUESTION OUR PARENTING I JUST ANSWER BACK BY SAYING, ';HE'S MY SON AND I'M HIS MOTHER.'; AND THAT'S THE END OF THAT.
';If you think you can do better..... have at it!';





No... really..... if it is someone at the grocery store, I would just walk away.... family is different.... I am constantly being told by my inlaws that I am am not a disaplinarian, and need to step up. I just say ok, and walk away...... not worth the argument
step back and see if they are telling the truth. be open minded they were bothered bad enough to say something even a stranger then there might be some truth to it . ask how they would handle the situation and you need to really listen. good luck
im sorry you feel that way, you should try being in charge of 7 children of which arent mine.
Give thought to what they say, but make it clear that you are responsible for the raising of your own child. It's funny you asked this, because before I had children, I would see a child screaming in the store and I would think, ';Boy, that kid needs discipline.'; After having two of my own sweet babies, and realizing that kids have bad days too, when I see a mom struggling with a screaming child, I say, ';Hey, been there, done that. It will pass.'; Also, a funny quote to say to Grandparents who think the grandchildren can do no wrong, and yell at you for scolding them is, ';Where is my mother, and what have you done with her?'; Saying funny things sometimes can lighten the mood, and set things right. For those who just refuse to mind their own business, IGNORE them. Take the good advice, dump the bad. Good luck!
I just simple say ';What are you looking at'; nobody should tell you how to raise your child even if its famliy. I mean yeah you could take there advice but thats as far as they should go i would tell my family ';This is my family and i raise my child the way i want Iam not tell you how to run your life'; But if thats not you then just sit them down and tell ';I really don't like the way you are telling me how to raise my child but if i do have any concerns Then maybe i'll come to you and ask for your advice but for now just please But out'; well i hope this helps you out some GOOD LUCK.
tell them to mind their own bussiness


:)
-Thank you for your concern, I will give your opinion as much thought as it deserves.





-Thank you for your concern, but I will choose to parent my child as I see fit.
Nothing. I'm not the type of person that feels I need to justify my morals unless I'm backed into a corner, so-to-speak. Even then, though, I don't much care about the opinions of others, bc opinions are like assh*les, everone's got 'em.





Case - in - point : Ya! Answers! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment