Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's the most ridiculous parenting mistake you've made as a result of extreme fatigue?

I got up this morning and gave my 21 month old a nappy change in my extremely groggy state, then a little later he filled his nappy so, still groggy, I went to change it - took off the nappy and there was another nappy (both perfectly put on, so clearly at some point I had been sat there putting a nappy on over another nappy) on underneath! God knows what I was thinking! Can anyone top that?What's the most ridiculous parenting mistake you've made as a result of extreme fatigue?
haha! Oh inked that's hysterical and I think I might have done that once or twice myself!





Some of the silly things I have done:





Put the kids breakfast plates down for the cats, and put the cat food on their place settings.





Give a bottle to my husband and set the coffee in front of a toddler.





Tried to put MY pants and shirt on my daughter instead of her own clothes.





Once I went to tidy the living room and kitchen after breakfast. I had put the remote and 2 stuffed animals in the fridge and put a gallon of milk on the TV stand and the bottle of syrup in the toy bin.





Ah, fun times.What's the most ridiculous parenting mistake you've made as a result of extreme fatigue?
I remember when my daughter was a few weeks old, I was so tired, and she wouldn't stop crying, and I didn't want her to wake my husband up (he probably had to get up early or something), so I grabbed her carseat, put her in the car, and turned it on, hoping it would quite her down. Once she fell asleep, I must have been pretty much sleep walking, because I went inside leaving her in the car (I seriously dreamed that I had put her back in her crib) and fell asleep, and suddenly woke up 10 minutes later realizing I'd been dreaming LOL. That one is probably the worst, among many silly things!
When she was an infant and i was still at the studio working awfully long hours, one morning i poured my coffee into her bottle and her formula into my travel mug. It wasnt caught until i went to put the bottle into the diaper bag that i finally noticed the brown coffee.
When my 7 month old son was 4 months, I woke up in the morning and started getting breakfast ready for my 3 year old daughter. We had to leave the house early so I was going to go into her room to wake her up and as I was heading toward her room, I glanced at the clock and saw it was 2 in the morning. I was so tired, I didn't even wonder why it was pitch black outside......
i dont have kids yet. but i have 2 older brothers and one younger brother, im the only girl.





when we were all younger my mom was making breakfast and doing the dishes. God knows how she managed to do this but she put our breakfast in the dishwasher and the dirty dishes on the table.
I was once in such a fog that I handed my daughter her sippy cup without putting the lid on it. She started bawling and when I looked down she was drenched in juice. I felt like such a moron.
put the keys and wallet in the freezer and dont remember what on the side table- i didnt even notice i left the food out till i had to go out
one time I was so tired I actually broke down and changed their diaper so they would stop crying. dont tell my wife though cause then she wont buy that I dont know how anymore
Didn't have a lot to do with the kids but I did forget my pants one day. My son looked at me and said never wear those shorts again. They were my boxers.
miss a day without making them shower or changeing a pee pee diaper without wiping

No comments:

Post a Comment