Sunday, May 9, 2010

Parents, when answering in the parenting section do you really care if you get thumbs down?

And do you care if someone is under the impression you gave them a thumbs down?Parents, when answering in the parenting section do you really care if you get thumbs down?
I don’t care ALL that much but I do kinda care. I don’t care because people will give thumbs down just because. Literally for no reason. Other people give thumbs down because you work. Others because you stay home. Or because you breastfeed or formula feed. Shots or no shots?





Some people give thumbs down because you are who you are. And well, I can’t change their opinions on what’s “right or wrong”. But I also think there are times when you can disagree with “what someone does” and still find their responses to be well said and well explained.





In the end, this is a website with people I don’t REALLY know. So I don’t care all that much about their opinions on how well I answered or didn’t answer a question. It’s all just a matter of opinion. And for some, a matter of personal experience.





The thumbs down fairy hits quite often and when they do, it starts to become rather comical!Parents, when answering in the parenting section do you really care if you get thumbs down?
Usually, I don't care, but I have to admit, it's been bothering me a little more, lately... I normally take time to really answer, and not just throw out a one-liner (most times!), so when I get the down thumbs, simply because someone disagrees with me, it does irk me... Especially when the question is not looking for *fact*, it's asking for *opinion*. That means we can pretty much answer however we want, and as long as I'm not being rude, people need to get over it, and move on, if they don't like my response... I do have four children, and they're all healthy and happy, so I am doing something right, which means I'm entitled to give my opinion on what has worked (or not worked) for my family.





I don't care if people think I give them thumbs downs. :) It rarely happens, because *I* can handle differing opinions. ;)
It makes me go back and question myself. (Why would someone not like the answer? Is my advice dangerous or wrong? Are they being spiteful? Is it just a difference of opinion?)





I do try to 'grow' from the feedback I receive (thumbs up or down) However, I have been parenting for 27 years, babysitting for 35 years, have a degree in elementary ed with a preschool rider, plus years of preschool teaching experience, so most of the time, I am very confident with my advice.
Actually I sometimes give answers knowing I will get thumbs down. A lot of the time you will find me intentionally inciting a riot. Especially in religion and spirituality. No I could care less is someone is under the impression I gave them a thumbs down. And to be quiet honest I will give a person thumbs down because if feel their answer is wrong, Or I do not like them, or I do not like their avatar pictures. But I will thumbs up all my contacts even if I do not agree with their answer....or I really like their answer I know I am unfair.....


WOOHOO!!! I GOT MY FIRST TWO!!! lol, see it works everytime.
I only care when it's done out of spite and they let you know it. But it's still amusing even then :)





And I really don't care if someone is under the impression that I gave them a thumbs down. I don't thumb people down anyhow until they get down right mean or insulting. If it's a simple matter of difference of opinion, I don't do anything but move right past the answer.
I depends what it is for. If someone disagrees with my opinion or factual information I have given, then no, it does not bother me. But, if I get a TD when my answer is about my life, it bothers me, and I just don't get it. Like if the question is, ';What do you find most endearing about your child?'; or ';How do you deal with the death of a loved one?'; I mean, how could anyone TD any answer to that question? I think I just had a TD fairy for a while.





When it comes to my answers, I am very divisive, it seems. Either everyone loves me, or they all hate me. I have gotten as many as 15 thumbs up, but It is either all up, or all down. I never get a split decision, which I think is odd.





Also, I RARELY give TD's. Never for opinions, only when something is factually incorrect, mostly because I want the asker to know that is wrong. Like if someone asked ';what color is Barney?'; and someone replied ';orange'; I would TD that becasue Barney is not orange, and that is a fact :-) But no, it would not bother me if someone thought I did.





EDIT:


Uh, Oh!!! She's on the loose!
I have cried about it; I am not too proud to admit that :)





Honestly, I am pretty sure that everyone is an idiot and they wish they were intelligent enough to have my opinions :0 (that will get me some thumbs down).





There are too many kids on here that want to rile people up and report Q's and A's. Kids will be kids. I assume they are the ones who give them, or maybe people who do not understand my sense of humor. Either way, I will never see these people so it is hard for me to care.
Actually it does kind of bother me, probably because I am a little bit overly sensitive. One doesn't usually bother me too much, but if it's a lot and other people aren't getting them it stings a little (unless I know I am answering in a way that goes against most people). I wish they would get rid of that feature.
Ok, I'll admit it: ';Yes'; to both of your questions.





It's ridiculous, I know. I put a great deal of thought into my answers (well, usually. I do have the occasional snarky one liners, but most of the time, I try to be fair and kind.)





I hate it when somehow there's a situation where it looks like, yeah, I was the one who gave someone a thumbs down. But it wasn't me.
I used to, but I could care less now. People are allowed to disagree. I've been in other sections around here and parenting seems to be the worst for thumbs down. I don't want anyone to think I've thumbs-downed on my own question though. You took the time to answer, and even if it's stupid and rude, you still took the time.
I dont care if i get a thumbs down in the way that it doesnt change or effect my answer :) I do care in that i'd like to know why some of my answers got thumbs down-- but thats more curiousity then anything... the mind intrigues me, so i like to hear people thought process...


%26amp;%26amp; i dont care if someone is under the impression i gave them a thumbs down...
I'm not heart broken, but it's annoying when you can tell someone went through and did it and never left an answer of their own because everyone agrees. I only thumbs down if someone is way off base or inappropriate. If they have an issue with that they can confront me on it. And Anyone But Charlie, never stop listening to Bryan Adams. NEVER!
It used to bother me, but not anymore. Not a lot of things do these days.


And to my knowledge, I don't know if anyone has ever wondered about me personally giving them a thumb's down.


If I think an answer is sub-standard, I don't even mark it, thumb's down is an obsolete button from my keyboard.
Nope. Not at all. Except for the question where Johnny's Mommy asked for advice on how to console a friend whose parent was terminally ill. I gave her advice and shared the story of my mother dying and I got two thumbs down for that. that one hurt. But otherwise, I couldn't care a less.
I lie awake at night and cry tears over the 50,000 thumbs down I receive every day. It completely ruins me as a person. I've thought about giving Johnny up for adoption because since I receive so many thumbs down, I must be a terrible person.
I don't care if I get one, I just don't want to be thought as the person giving them. Unless they are well deserved.... (rude answers, nasty answers, uneducated answers)





Thumbs away people! It makes me feel good to know that no one ever agrees with me :)





I like the thumbs up more though!
Not usually, sometimes I'm grumpy and over sensitive but sometimes I give cheeky answers just to see if people can take a joke...many can't. I don't usually give people a thumbs down unless they're really dumb, then I don't care what they think anyway...Lol.
i used to care, but more and more i realize people just come on here and do it. they dont even read the answer i am sure. so i just ignore it.
No, I do not care...cause I know not everyone agree's with me and that is ok and cause there are also psycho trolls that have no life and get a thrill out of thumbs downing people...
I care if someone thinks I gave them. I don't know why but I do. I don't care if I get them or not because I usually do.
Yes, it cuts like a knife, nah nah nah nah nah
NO and NO
I never go back to see if I got thumbs up or down. I always answer honestly. If someone doesn't like it I don't care.
Nope. I don't care at all.
no i don't care. i answer honestly and give my opinion regardless of what people think.
noooooo
No, people take YA wayyy too seriously
No LOL.
no, i don't
nope
no why would it bug me•

No comments:

Post a Comment