Thursday, May 13, 2010

What children think about their parents parenting style?

As we all know that these days it is not only adults who are stressed but children are also under pressure.Children are also facing the pressure of school, parents expectations, peer pressure. Parents want their children an to be outstanding in all the fields and are running from pillar to pole to make them attend all those things which are now trendy irrespective of their children interest and energy levels. Now I want to ask that how children feel about their parents. How they feel about the increasing expectations of their parents and how they handle it.What children think about their parents parenting style?
Children don't really have any perspective or alternative experience to ';evaluate'; parenting styles.


However, there are a few things that I know all children want:


1. they want to feel loved


2. they want a decent level of consistency in what is expected of them


3. they want to know that there are limits on their world.


Kids like rules and one of their primary jobs of childhood is to push to see where these limits are. Put up a fence and kids will play right up to it. Don't put up a fence and kids will seek the edge of what is safe.


A good parenting style or method will provide these limits. A bad one will let children ';find themselves'; or ';not limit their creativity';.What children think about their parents parenting style?
my family tries to control my relationships and i really hate that, they try to push me to do things in school that i really dont want to do and follow a path that they want, not what i want, if i want to join the air force or something like that i shouldnt have to hear a ***** fit like a ******* 2 year old from my family till i tell them that im not going, you parents tell your kids to grow up, stop trying to live through us
I really don't like my parents when they pressure me into doing something in school that I don't want to, or when they stress over my grades... my mom used to, and still sometimes does, yell at me or talk to me about me getting a B!!!!!! I get really pissed when she does that. I already get better grades then she did. I just don't understand why she does that.

No comments:

Post a Comment