Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How will my childhood affect my parenting?

I am 19. Far from having kids, but i talked with my aunt and she said that my childhood was so bad, that when i have kids i will try too hard to be the perfect parent. Also, is it weird for me to be jealous of my kids(when i have some) that their lives will be much better than mine was when i was there age? most people are proud of that. This makes me think about maybe not having kids if how i was grown up will affect them in a negative way.How will my childhood affect my parenting?
You won't feel that way about your kids. A parents love is something totally different then you have ever felt.





You will WANT the best life for your children, and not be jealous at all. In fact, you will be so happy they are having a better life then you ever did.





I didn't have the best childhood either, but you learn from your parents mistakes. I try my best to be a good mother, but no one is perfect.





You will find a nice balance when you have children of your own. You can't even imagine it, because nothing anyone writes or says prepares you for your feelings about your children.





Don't worry about it anymore till the time comes =)How will my childhood affect my parenting?
Who knows? A person's childhood will always affect their parenting, it's impossible for it not to. Whether they try and do the same, try and do different, accidentally ending up doing the same or different...it could be any of those, but it will always affect you. You might not necessarily try to be perfect just because you had a bad childhood, but you will probably try to be better than your parents - then again, who doesn't try to be a perfect parent? That's normal. Slight jealousy is probably okay too but not if it affects you too much.
Your aunt sounds like an ignorant ***. No offense. Very few people have had a perfect upbringing. Have you ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy? It's when you tell young people that they will have this fault or that fault, and then they grow up thinking they have that fault, and then they do! Don't let this happen to you! Rise above it! I had a horrible childhood, but I've raised a beautiful child who is very happy and well-adjusted. Minus the usual teenage problems, of course, but overall a happy kid with a great future ahead of her. Just make sure you are old enough and wise enough and in a good enough financial situation to have a kid! You will be fine.
the fact that you are concerned about this shows that you will make an effort to be a good parent.





It's all about breaking the cycle and knowing that you want to do differently is the most important part.





I had a crappy childhood and yes it does mean that for many things I am doing the opposite of what was done to me. Does that mean I'm striving too hard to be the perfect parent? No, it means I'm doing what I feel is right by my child, something all parents regardless of their upbringings do.
aww you shouldnt feel that way alot of ppl grew up there bad childhood but you would have to overcome it for when you do want to have children
People make their own choices when it comes to parenting. Some mental illnesses and traits do tend to be genetic but if you're aware of that you can seek help early on.
I think your Aunt is wrong because unless she can predict the future, no one knows what will really happen.
  • glitter eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment