Thursday, May 13, 2010

I try not to be critical of other people, but what is your take on this parenting decision?

I know this couple who has an adorable 3 year old that is what I personally would call 'out of control'.





Anyway, they have this cat and the child is very mean/abusive to this cat. So to teach her how to treat animals, they got a puppy (a bigger bread) that is more tough than the cat. I personally thought that was ridiculous, not only for the poor puppy, but I have pets and kids and kids that are gentle with pets is from teaching, not just rewarding her with a 'tougher' pet.I try not to be critical of other people, but what is your take on this parenting decision?
yeah that's pretty ridiculous LOL





I mean the parents will be lucky if the child doesn't piss the large dog off and end up getting bit. They should be teaching the child to be gentle with the cat, not getting yet another animal for her to abuse.I try not to be critical of other people, but what is your take on this parenting decision?
That is awful. These parents have chosen to not teach their child by explanation and attention, but rather by hoping for the best. It is inevitable that the baby (through no fault of its own, hes 3) will be scratched or bit and the parents will not have the insight to see that they are as much to blame as the dog or cat.
Is this child abused? I ask this because it sounds to me like the got the child an animal that can and will fight back. almost wanting something horible to happen. The animal is being abused is the kid should you be talking to an abuse line?
THAT IS PATHETIC! Those people really need to teach their kid a lesson. They obviously don't know how to parent their kid.





I have NO TOLERANCE for anyone who lets their kid or themselves abuse an animal like that. When the dog and the cat flip out on the kid and kill him the pets are going to be euthanized. Your job then would be to stand up for the pets if you are in a position to do that. When that dog attacks that kid because she's now terrified of every human from being abused even by a little kid, she probably will never be able to live with little kids that age again. The poor pets...I would adopt them in a heartbeat if given the chance.


Those people need to get control of their kid.
It reminds me of a saying--';Their chickens have come home to roost';---someday, this child will be an out-of-control TEEN---and they will be young grandparents or worse!





I feel very sorry for the animals AND the child--I hope the dog doesn't turn on the child and maul her.
That is crazy, I would of just taught my kid to be gentler to the animal, and if she is ruff with a baby are they gonna get a bigger baby?
There is NO excuse to abuse animals no matter how old the abuser. Parents teach your child how to treat your pets or do without one or the other!
I agree. It is ridiculous. As soon as the child hurts the pet you reprimand the child.
I agree, that's just stupid. Like you said you have to teach a child how to treat animals. I feel sorry for those animals. Maybe they'll run away and another family will take them in.
That is very odd, and what happened to the cat???


I have a 3yr old and an 8yr old and we got them a kitten. At first my 3 year old wanted to drag this kitten around but we taught her how to handle and pet it, and now this cat loves her and follows her around.


Young kids just need to be shown how to handle an animal. not given an animal that they think could take the abuse.
Any person who allows a pet to be abused (by a kid or otherwise) is a grade A a_s_s_hole in my opinion - Even if the abuse is ';unintentional';.





When the animal finally snaps on this kid, it's the poor cat that's going to be dropped at the shelter and/or killed and all because its owners didn't have the sense or will to properly teach their child how to treat animals.





No wonder their kid is so out of control. The parents are clearly idiots.





And three years old is PLENTY old enough to have learned how to treat an animal.





Ugh.
I have to agree with you.





It seems an odd line of thinking - and dangerous to add another animal (especially a dog) into a situation where the child can hurt it and a dog is much more likely to retaliate and hurt her back.
this is not what i would have done

No comments:

Post a Comment