Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where does the most of your parenting criticism come from?

Is it your mom, your mil, or yahoo answers, or other? What is the topic you get most criticism for? Explain.





(I will explain mine but I found if I explain right away people will just respond to my example instead of sharing their own)Where does the most of your parenting criticism come from?
Most of the criticism I receive is from this site. I ferberized my babies, and you would think from the responses I get that I have tortured them. I waited till they were old enough to self soothe. And never did I neglect a need. And never did I let my babies cry for long periods of time. Still to many, I am the devil reincarnated. I don't lose sleep about it.





BTW, how can you live with yourself....breastfeeding, and making your dear daughter's baby food? Do you use organic food as well? God, I don't see how your baby isn't malnourished by now, lol.Where does the most of your parenting criticism come from?
Well on my side of the family I have an aunt that has a son about the same age as mine, and he's totally out of control, so my aunt gets all the criticism on that side... I look like supermom so I enjoy it ha ha!


Now my MIL is another story, she's a nightmare sometimes, she even told me to put bibs on him or he would get a cold WTF?! Sometimes she's okay, but when I'm around her I feel like I do nothing right.


I also get criticism from my friends, I used to be a big germaphob, so they always criticized me for that, but the older my son gets the more I realize he's going to eat dirt, and that's okay :)
In laws and young people who don't have any kids. they seems to think they know everything about child raising. Also, my fiance's friend the other day was saying how my fiance needs to get stricter and spank my son and show him who is boss. my son is 2 and i don't believe in that. This guy who was saying this is 30 years old with an 11 year old daughter whom he did not raise. IMO he has no right to give me parenting suggestions when he couldn't even raise his own





lol Ryan's mommy, what the heck does swaddling have to do with parenting? my son HATED being swaddled, doesn't mena i am a bad parent. Babies don't need to be swaddled





Before my son was born my MIL asked me if i was going to breastfeed and i said yes. she said '; why would you do that?'; and i said why not? The when he was first born she kept trying to get me to pump it in a bottle and feed him that way. It was annoying but i jsut ignored her. se eventually respected thath
Most are pretty encouraging. In the beginning of my son's life the most criticism I got was from my mother and my grandmother (though it can hardly be referred to as criticism). They were constantly telling me he wasn't dressed warm enough. Whenever they came to my house to see him they were constantly putting more layers on him. He was appropriately dressed. It did begin to get on my nerves so I read a piece from Dr. Spock to my mother about how a newborn should be dressed and I stopped hearing about it. lol!
My MIL!!!


She has gotten better about keeping her mouth closed, but she still does throw her comments in just not as much as when my son was a newborn!


It drove me so crazy, you have no idea!!!!!'





She actually told me not swaddling my baby ( he hated it ) could get my baby taken away from CPS. She pretty much criticized everything we did with our son. She still does, just not as much as before!
Definitely my mom-She was born and raised in Laos and she expects me to raise my daughter the traditional Laos way..she gives me crap if I feed my daughter anything that is not asian food..she is constantly telling me to not speak English to my daughter but for her to learn Laos and it's frustrating to me.
definitely my mom, i still can not do anything right. they are older and anything they do wrong, i must have done something wrong, i'm sure it will be that way till the end
Ugh, my MIL...she has a comment about EVERYTHING! And she's so passive-aggressive about it. Luckily my husband has no problem telling her to mind her own damn business.
surprisingly I get most of it from my SO. He's always criticizing me for how I dress them or that I mess up their schedules on the weekends.
MIL and moms who feed by schedule. My first time breastfeeding and I didn't know squat.
totally my grandmother. Anything I do is wrong wrong wrong wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment