Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How Does Birth Order Effect Parenting Styles?

Are first borns more strict with their own kids or the reverse.


Are middle kids harsher disciplinarians?


Do Youngest spoil their own kids?


I wonder if there is any correlation between birth order and parenting style.How Does Birth Order Effect Parenting Styles?
I don't think there is a parenting style with birth order. I think it all depends on the parents personality and stuff. For example my sister is the oldest, and my 2 brothers are the youngest and none of them really care about their kids. I am a middle child and do everything for my children but I am also more strict on them than the rest of my siblings. I have a friend who is the oldest in her family and just spoils her kids rotten and her middle sister doesn't spoil her kids and is not strict with her kids but likes it when they all play together and she likes being friends with her kids. So I think its just the way you are and how you want to be.How Does Birth Order Effect Parenting Styles?
i believe that the parenting style of the first born depends on the kind of life style the parent(s) have. if the parent(s) are living lavishly, they are going to spoil their first born. if their lifestyle is not all that great, they are going to blame their firstborn for all the problems they have. it's usually the baby who gets the most attention in both situations. and the middle child is always going to feel left out
My husband and I are both only children raising an only child. (It's just what we know).





We don't sweat the small stuff, but are more strict on ';important'; stuff. We also take her with us nearly everywhere. Sometimes she's the only or one of the few kids, but she's learned a lot from it. She's also learned at a young age how to act appropriately in public. If she steps out of line, we leave.
good question.Hell if I know the answer.
  • glitter eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment