Sunday, May 9, 2010

What is the average age in parenting section?

Any guesses? I have no clue. But I'm guessing most people here are 35ish? What do you think?


Would knowing the age of the parents you answer and question here, effect or change the way you communicate here?What is the average age in parenting section?
It will depend on when you are on, but I find that there seems to be more young mothers ( under 25) around lately. Sometimes the age of the person does effect the way I answer a question.... but that is because I am an old fart and when I see a 16 year old asking a question I tend to approach her as I would approach my own teenage daughter. I will have more patience and compassion for her then I would a 35 year old who I think should be old enough to know better. ( when it comes to some of the questions that is ..). Sometimes a person does not even need to tell there age, you can often take a good guess by the way they respond to a question and the language used... which sometimes causes a problem.





i nO lOnGeR aNsWeR QuEsTiOnS LiK dis





I am getting old and that makes my head hurt...What is the average age in parenting section?
I have three grown kids of my own (but only recently grown up - just wanted to point out that I'm not ';really old';). I stop by here because I'm pretty good with kids and think, at least sometimes, I may have some experience to share.
I'm turning 38. I've been on here awhile and I'd say the average age is mid 20's.





I am very cognizant not to engage in Ageism
I am 15, this might turn some people off my answers but I think it is good to have a point of veiw from a teenager/child on how to parent.
I just turned 28... I sometimes *most of the time, act my age, maybe a bit older...but there are times when i let my evil twin out for a bit...
I'm 29, and I'm also on here Mon-Fri daytime :D
I am about to turn 25. I am on her mostly everyday..


I would say the age range is 20s-30s
I'm 35.
Well since more teen are having babies, i would say the average is 22-25
I think maybe thirties and twenties. I am 19 though. :) (I am on almost every day of the week.)
I'm 15. 16 on Tuesday :)
I am almost 24.
26
Im 25.
I am 25 and so is my wife :)
I am 34.


I do tend to read over the other answers before I answer because I have noticed that if there are a lot of early 20's and younger I get scolding emails or more thumbs down. It is hard because as you get older you get more life experience and your kids tend to be older so you have a little more parenting experience. I generally catch c**p if the question is about an older child, say 8 and up, and the people answering have small kids. The advice is much different between someone who thinks they would do what they advise and someone who has been there and knows what works. I have had people write me and tell me that I give my kids too many chores, or I should pay them for doing chores or I shouldn't let them skateboard or ride their bikes in the street. Opinions that I totally would have agreed with 15 yrs ago, but don't now. Then somewhere in their email they will say ';when my kids hit that age I won't do what you do'...


I just roll my eyes and hit delete because I figure they will find out the reality of it soon enough, lol.


Anyway... my long paragraph there was to basically say - yes, sometimes depending on the question if I get a feeling of the ages of the other posters then it does effect how I answer. Not that the overall idea of the answer is different but the presentation is. I try not to offend anyone who may be younger or in a different stage of life than I am. Of which, I am not doing a very good job of right now, lol, boy it is getting late, lol!


Great question... I was curious about this too.





Edit:


Amen, Great White North! What is the point to tHaT???


I also stopped answering when the English/grammar is so hideous that I am doing more spell checking in my head than I am reading. My newest and biggest pet peave is 'prolly' instead of probably. ARGH, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment