Sunday, May 9, 2010

A good book for single parenting that deals with an absent parent?

I am looking for a book that gives ideas to help answer the tough questions. My five year old has not seen her father in years and has trouble off and on with it. Her questions are getting more complicated and I don't feel comfortable answering them as now I would have to lie to her to pretend that her father ';loves her'; and hide the ugly. Her behavior gets worse each time she fears that I will leave like my ex husband did. Any book with guidelines for age appropriate answers would be great.A good book for single parenting that deals with an absent parent?
Lie to her. Make it pretty. She's just a child, hide the ugly for now.





These may help :


http://singleparents.about.com/b/2008/07鈥?/a>


http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-a-Child-Abou鈥?/a>


http://www.singlemommyhood.com/2009/05/h鈥?/a>A good book for single parenting that deals with an absent parent?
I haven't found a book about it yet. Of course I never really looked either. My son hasn't seen his dad in 7 years. I just tell him that his dad does love him but he just doesn't know how to show it the right way. My son is 10 now and is finally starting to realize that his dad is a big loser. It's hard when he gets upset over his dad. But we get over it. She'll realize the truth sooner than you think.
This is exactly waht I'm afffraid of for my daughter. She's only two but she already giving sign she doesn't want her father around.





This awful, there are times I feel i was too selfish to have her because she'll have to deal with major problems. Besides all this, we are pretty much alone, no family around.I have no one to share her daily awsome developement stages, her laughs, her smarts..I cry most night to sleep.





I made couple of friends through her school, but there's no bonding there. These mom are married %26amp; have their own lives. We have playdates but here and there.nothing consistant.











Is there books for my issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment