Saturday, January 23, 2010

Whats the Best parenting advice any one has ever given you?

I seen a question earlier on best advice you could give i was wondering now best advice ever received.For Me it was even when the day comes when he says he hates you he doesn't mean it so don't take it to heart.That's always stayed with me more so now that he is a teenager.Whats the Best parenting advice any one has ever given you?
That no matter how hard you try there is no such thing as a perfect mom.Whats the Best parenting advice any one has ever given you?
A few things have been memorable over the years:





1) don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff





2) Pick your battles %26lt;some aren't worth the fight%26gt;





3) Look for humor in every POSSIBLE moment %26amp; situation - especially the tough ones!





4) Find joy in the journey....





5) Enjoy them, love them, hold them as often and much as you can while they are little and you are still everything to them.... because once they are teenagers - you won't look so loveable anymore for a few years!
the best advice i ever got was when i was complaining with a colleague of mine that when i went home from work, my 2 year old was throwing tantrums, and really misbehaving. she adviced me that i shouldn't start cooking and doing beds etc.. as soon as i get home. i had to sit down on the carpet with my son and give him 30 mins, when mummy is all his. at first i used to be on pins and needles, to start cooking etc...but after some time i realised that the tantrums stopped, and after that i'd given him the attention he deserved, then he would play by himself and let me do the chores i had to do. that was the best advice i ever got and it really worked and i give it to all working mums.
From my mom: This isn't a 'forever' thing.





Meaning, when I was crying -- hysterically -- from being so sleep deprived, her advice let me know it wasn't going to go on forever -- and it didn't.





When my husband and I were having a real hard time adjusting to having this new little person in our lives, it let me know this stage wouldn't be last forever, and it didn't.





And so on.
Probably the best advice I got that has helped me keep my sanity - set an early bedtime, a happy bedtime routine and stick with it. Kids need lots of sleep and Mom needs time on her own to chill out.
From a parenting magazine:





The best stage of your baby's development is the one he/she is currently in
1) sleep when you can


2) when you are loosing patience count to 10
Try and be a parent, try and be involved in their live. If you atleast TRY, you're doing better than half the ';parents'; out there.
Amen Ky!





The best piece of advice I ever received was it's ok to take time for yourself and it's important to do it on a regular basis.
Put your children before yourself and not just be their friend but be a parent.
Best advice: Trust your instincts.
';Trust yourself.';





All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment