Saturday, January 23, 2010

What are your favorite parenting books?

I am about to have my first baby and getting really worried about all the responsibilities of raising a child. I don't know much about good parenting and about raising good kids.


Are there any parenting books you would highly recommend? I realize that book knowledge will not make me a perfect parent, but I have to start somewhere!What are your favorite parenting books?
There are plenty in libraries just take a few home, have a good read whilst you are pg and relax... look for ones written by drs /or children experts.





You will glean some interesting facts -there are also some good publications out like mother and baby magazine and you could maybe subscribe for a year , this is what I done.





The books will soon be forgotten when instinct kicks in and you will wonder why you ever worried, as 99.9% of women make excellent mothers without books to read! You just 'know'!What are your favorite parenting books?
I had my first baby last year. This book helped me on basic questions:


Your Baby's First Year, Week by Week


by Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler


All the books from that series was very helpful to me.





The ';What to Expect'; series is also good, especially babies first year,%26amp; the toddler one.


For good parenting in general, I would suggest to get involved, mildly, into a playgroup. If your hospital offers a get together with other moms to talk, attend, because you never know who you're gonna meet.


Basically you want to build your own support network, for yourself, and baby too.


There is no book on good parenting. You must learn/discover what type of parent you are/want to be first.


Just remember to try not to get too overwhelmed. Take it one step at a time each day. And always know you're the one, in the end, you're the one who knows your child best. Always trust your GUT instincts.



Besides the bible i think green eggs and ham to be a good parenting book ..
The Bible, and Studying it.





Best Wishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment