Saturday, January 23, 2010

What are some hypothetical situations to see if my wife and I are on the same page in parenting?

An example of what I'm talking about would be:


';Your child just got beat up at school by another student, What do you do?';





My wife is pregnant now with our first child. I'm pretty sure that my wife and I see eye to eye on most things with our future child, but I'm sure there are a lot of parents out there that have had there children put them through some difficult decisions. Along with your scenario, tell me how you dealt with the situation.What are some hypothetical situations to see if my wife and I are on the same page in parenting?
Oh. Lots of them. I have an 11 month old and, luckily, my husband and I are pretty much on teh same page with about everything. But here are some issues that have come up:





It's 3 AM. Baby has been sleeping through the night, but for the past 3 or 4 nights he isn't anymore. What do you do? Often couples run into the problem that one thinks you should let baby cry it out, and the other doesn't. What would you do?





Baby is crawling and is getting into everything. An example, keeps going for the cord to the stereo. What do you do?


Some people feel it's okay to slap baby's hand. Some feel a firm no is okay, some feel distracting or removing baby from situation is the key. What would you do?





Baby is about 9 or 10months old and going through ';separation anxiety';. He cries when you try to put him down or leave the room. What do you do?


Pick him up? Ignore him? Give him a toy to play with? Get annoyed? Understand this is just a phase? What would you do?





Other things we have found that are very important to us -


dinner time - we always have dinner together at the table as a family


t.v. - we never turn on t.v. till baby is in bed


outdoors - we get baby outside at least once a day and plan to raise him as an outdoorsy child





There are so, so many issues that are imporatant when raising a child. And it starts right at birth! So talk, talk, talk. And remember to be able to laugh, have fun and enjoy your baby!





Congrats!What are some hypothetical situations to see if my wife and I are on the same page in parenting?
We haven't had to deal with any of them yet, our little one is only 5 months old. But, we went through the same exercises, here are some examples:





* Your 16 year old daughter comes home and tells you she's pregnant by her 20 year old boyfriend..how do you react?





* Your teenager asks you to by beer for them. Do you?





* You find expensive toys, that you or a relative did not buy, hidden under your 8 year old's bed ( I-phone, xbobx, etc..)...how do you react.





* Grandma feeds your 3 -week old infant a finger full of ice-cream, without asking you first. How do you react?








Try these and try making up some of your own! Have fun!
a teacher says you child might have ADHD





a teacher thinks your child needs special ed.





Your 15 year old daughter comes home with a 20 year old man. ';dad, Im in love';





You son is calling at 2am.';mom, Im in jail, but its not my faul';





Your 2 year old refuses to get eat his dinner.





Your 1 year old keeps screaming for no reason.
  • loreal makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment