Thursday, January 21, 2010

How Would You Describe Your Parenting Style?

I would decribe mine as ';all about moderation';. I am open to many different things and to parents that use different parenting styles. I believe that many things such as sweets, TV, etc. are fine as long as they are in moderation. What would you describe your parenting style as?How Would You Describe Your Parenting Style?
Very easy going. My son is 5 and I like to focus on good behaviour and reward him with praise and occasional treats. I agree that tv, sweets etc are fine in moderation. I try to keep calm and not shout too much, I find it's more effective when used rarely. I like to keep his mind active and teach him about different ways of life, in fact anything and everything is up for discussion if he wants to! Most of all I trust him, I know that I can let him walk a few paces ahead of me towards a crossing and I know that he will always stop and wait for me, I guess some parents would call that being far too laid back but I'm not one for a lifetime of living on 'what ifs', I trust him fully and he knows that .How Would You Describe Your Parenting Style?
I am a combination of strict and modern. I am strict when it comes to things like keeping your room clean and helping out around the house and doing well in school. I am modern because I believe in allowing kids to express themselves in any way they wish as long as it is not unhealthy. My sons have both had their ears peirced (they are 5 and 8, and got them done almost 4 years ago). I have let my 8 year old color his hair. I would let him get other piercings if he asked. My basic theory is that if it isn't permanent, I'm ok with it. I will not allow tatoos until they are of age to get them on their own. I believe in having manners and respect, but also in speaking your mind and not being taken advantage of.
Old-fashioned, conservative christian parenting.
I'm the best father I know thanks to Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish and Jim Fey.

No comments:

Post a Comment