Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What valuable information have you learned from the Y!A parenting and pregnancy boards?

There is a lot of attention surrounding the negative aspects of this place today and everyone is getting wound up, so I'd like to play up the positives :).





So what information have you learned from the pregnancy and parenting boards that you did not know before? What advice have you received that was invaluable?What valuable information have you learned from the Y!A parenting and pregnancy boards?
I have learned a lot from informative Y!A members. Recently, Soph's Mum Mum has helped me out on my PPD. If it wasn't for her encouragement, i don't think i would have brought it to my dr's attention.





I did post a THANK YOU question but sadly, a troll got it deleted. :(What valuable information have you learned from the Y!A parenting and pregnancy boards?
My name is Lizz and I am addicted to Y!A


I've learned a lot about shopping for baby stuff and what's actually practical. I learn a lot about pregnancy, things that people go through and how to handle emotions, it makes me feel like I'm not alone in what I'm feeling. I've also discovered amazing sites to chart, graph, calculate EVERYTHING, and connect with others ttc or pregnant.
I don't know what I would have done without this the whole way through my pregnancy! I'm a first time Mum and worry about silly things and it's great to have the Mums on here tell me ''that's normal'' or dont worry''! I was recently worrying about the the fact that I may have been getting PPD, something that I felt I couldn't talk to my family about and received some really comforting e-mails from one Mommy in particular!


I learned little tips to help with my sons teething and fussiness and just to have someone say, my kid was the same, it will get easier means the world to you when you're having a bad day, even from a stranger!


We have to stop letting the trolls get to us and not let them ruin this for us!
I actually haven't learned very much on pregnancy and parenting from this site as I didn't use it that much until my 3rd one was 4 months old. That being said, I'm an experienced mom and childcare provider who has seen just about everything. I answer a lot of questions in pregnancy and parenting as it seems like my area of expertise and I hope that I have helped at least one person in the journey that is the magic of raising a child. The amount of best answers I get would seem to say so lol!
i have learnt alot more than i ever knew b4. with my first 3 i didnt really know much because i was young and didnt really think about it as much as i did with my 4th. plus with my 4th i felt things i never felt b4. so i would try and look it up and it would always lead me to here, so i learnt more than i could ever say, and going threw the experience and ppl understanding what i was going threw, made me learn and relax. and now im a top contributor in pregnancy because i learnt so much.


This place should be well respected and used for learning, not stupidity.
I learned a lot about allergies. No one in my family has an allergy, so I didn't know a lot about them especially seeing as allergies are far more common today that they were in recent times. Our kids have friends with allergies and I learned a lot of valuable information here on Y!A about how to prepare my home for a kid with allergies.
That whatever you are going through with your child that worries you as a mommy there is someone else that has been through it, or can relate.


For example, I am really worried about my son being a ';late walker,'; and a lot of moms have been through the same, some with kids as old as I am now (34), they have reassured me that this is not too big a deal and that when he is in grade school no one will care. Thats been a huge help.


Besides milestone madness, its a good sounding board and most moms on here want to be supportive, even if we all do not agree on everything. Its so sad that a few nasty people ruin it for everyone else.
Little things like advice on cloth nappies (I doubt i'd have even tried them had it not been for the advice on here), what nappy bag to buy, how to get a baby to take medecine etc, leading up to more serious things like breastfeeding support, how to spot (and cope with) PND, disciplinary methods etc. I think I'm a better mother for everything I've learned on here.
hiya hun,





wow without the yahoo ttc section i would have been unable to concieve lol, iot taught about pinpointing ov, the value of opks and the wonder that is pre-seed.





but more importatly it gave me the support i needed and i reqlly have lots of ladies on here to thank.





on the other side, it can make u worry more as when i was pregnant before i got a positve and thought ok im pregnant in 9months there wil be a baby....now im worred about eptopic, bligted ovum etc, i mean its nice to be aware of the dangers but also ignorence was bliss, and although i did loose my last baby no1 could have told me i was going to get an infection or it could never have been predicited so in a way is was nice not 2 worry but at least i can keep a better eye on tell tale signs for little dot xxxxx
Someone wrote something about a 4 month sleep regression, which I had no clue about. It totally explained what my son did at 4 months old, and it had me stumped! So thanks to whoever it was for giving me an answer to what that was!
Heartburn In Pregnancy - Helpful Tips


http://pregnancy-board.com/pregnancy/heartburn-in-pregnancy-helpful-tips/





http://pregnancy-board.com/pregnancy/heartburn-in-pregnancy-helpful-tips/
I learned I should dilute my daughters Gerber Juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment