Saturday, January 23, 2010

How is parenting a lifelong commitment for which people need to prepare for?

when you have a child your life is never your own again you have to always think of them before you can do anything,they are your offspring for the rest of your lifeHow is parenting a lifelong commitment for which people need to prepare for?
As a new mother I never exactly prepared myself for anything. It sort of just fell into my lap when I got the news that I was having our firstborn. My husband and I were stunned. But from that day, it was like a year passed in the blink of an eye. Because once she was born, everyday she grew more and more. Yet from that day it felt like one day that lasted for a month because of the unknown things. Fears in early parenting. Not knowing what to do or how to please her or to get a single night of sleep.





Parenting is such an enormous metamorphosis of constant changes and its so hard to describe it in just a few sentences. We all begin life learning about the world around us. How to talk and interact. Ways to behave and rules of life in general. And then we finally put all thos rules and things into practice and the next thing you know, you have a child of your own and must begin the cycle all over again.





Its really a wondrous miracle of life to me. How one is born and grows and brings more to the world. So I guess the truth in the matter is that all of us are preparing for our children from the moment we are born.





I remember the day my daughter was born. I had a terrible time of delivery and nothing went right. I had to have an emergency c-section and then they had to put me to sleep totally because I began feeling the pains of the incisions. I never heard her first breath or her crying and I didn't see her until two hours later when I finally was awake.





But when I saw her WOW, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and such a small price to pay for all the pain and suffering I had endured. When I saw those big eyes staring at me, I knew then that she was mine and meant for only ME. What a miracle indeed. We have been inseparable since she arrived and she is my heart. And 13 months later, I had a second miracle. I also knew when I first saw his face that he would be a man of my life.





I can tell you, I think most people really begin preparing themselves in the first few years. Its like I floated here and there for so long free as a bird but when I built my nest, I realized I have to build it the best way I knew how. And that is usually how most other people do too.





For as long as I live and as long as my children live, we are connected. And though there is always some heart ache, disappointments and failures or losses, nothing can separate the bond of mother/father and child. Sadly some people take it lightly and shirk their duties as parents. But a parent who does this will end up alone in their old age. Its simple really. Love with all your heart. Teach everything you learned and then some, and always be there for your children and their children.How is parenting a lifelong commitment for which people need to prepare for?
because from the moment that child is born they need you for everything. and if you dont give them what they need they could die. and they will need you for the rest of thier lives.
I think they need to be prepare by realizing that it is a lifelong commitment
Preparation makes a situation easier because being ready boosts confidence and organization. It is a lifelong commitment because that person will need things for the rest of their life and a good parent is there for the rest of that kids life (even after age 18) They will need love, understanding, knowledge, discipline, rules, guidelines, choices (help making the right ones), confidence, and always NEED someone to catch them when they fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment