Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do you/would you participate on parenting sites which only allow one sex to participate?

Like if it was a mothers group, they did not allow fathers to participate, or if it was a fathers group they did not allow mothers to participate.





Cafemom, for example.Do you/would you participate on parenting sites which only allow one sex to participate?
I haven't been in a group in years, exculding Yahoo Answers if you want to consider it a group. I'm kind of jaded with the whole experience.





But, I used to be part of a pregnancy support group for overweight women. I had no problems with the pregnancy, but anticipated having lots of problems since being fat supposedly is the cause of everything. I've since gotten smarter. It was also helpful because I had never been pregnant and got answers from moms who had had children before.Do you/would you participate on parenting sites which only allow one sex to participate?
ive not been on any parenting sites like that but where i live they have playgroups that on certain days only allow fathers in with there children.


they feel that the fathers are more likely to come when they are not over run by women all the time and there more likely to get along when they aren't under the watchful eye of a woman!!


I personally don't have an opinion on it, id use the site either way!!


Loopy :-)
I'm a member of a private message board that's all women. We started out as members of the November 2005 Expecting Club on iVillage, but a bunch of us got tired of the restrictive rules there and ';moved out'; to start our own board. The membership has changed quite a bit in the last four years, with new members coming and old members going, but there's a core group that's been together that whole time and we're all really close friends now. I personally wouldn't have a problem with men posting there, and it's even been proposed once or twice, but the idea makes some of the women uncomfortable. I don't really care one way or the other, so I just go with the flow. :)
I don't, currently, but I don't see anythig wrong with it. If it was a support group for moms or an educational class for moms, why not? There are enough classes out there for both sexes that its not like men would be excluded totally.
Being honest, no. Like the new site someone in NB%26amp;B section came up with, Mommamatterz, I think some men *may* be offended there are not many sites 'just for dads'. But I mean, it's sometimes nice only to have 1 gender.
sounds like a good place to pick up women. :)








Id just sign up and pretend to be a woman, but between the lines I would make it clear that Im a guy
I would. I'm not but I would if I I thought the ladies had something important to add to my life.
  • loreal makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment