Saturday, January 23, 2010

Parenting payment overseas? can i still get my australian parenting payment even when overseas?

Hi, im planning on going overseas can i still get my parenting payment? what if i decide to live in a different country, what will happen to my parenting payment?Parenting payment overseas? can i still get my australian parenting payment even when overseas?
My bro and SIL went to NZ with their 3 kids for 4 weeks on holiday last year and she didn't know she had to tell them. A couple of months later she got a letter saying she had to repay the amount she received in FTB while they were away.





But I just found this info on the centrelink website which says otherwise....


www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/interne鈥?


i think its best to tell them asap so that you don't get overpaid and end up with a billParenting payment overseas? can i still get my australian parenting payment even when overseas?
I guess the best you can do to help yourself is to find out from the organization that runs the Parenting Payment System in your home country before you travel.
Just get on the phone and ring Centrelink, they will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment