Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can i find parenting classes in my area?

I think i am a pretty good Mum but am strating to struggle with my daughter (normal one year old ) tantrums and how i go about teaching her no and a few other little things i would also be interested in learning about each developmental stage and how i can basically just be a great mother. So i am wondering if anyone knows how you can find out the who, where, what and how of it all.......ps im from coutry vic australiaHow can i find parenting classes in my area?
In your blue book there should be a list on the inside of the cover. Usually a sticker.





It is parenting centres in your area. Give them a call and ask them.


We actually have a place called the *Parenting Centre* and that's where I go for my classes.





Try the white pages too. Or the health care clinic where she goes to see the nurse.





There are heaps of classes available here. I've been from everything from Discipline, to sleeping classes, I even took one in hygiene and nappy changing.How can i find parenting classes in my area?
Hey,


Im also in regional Victoria.....The easiest way to find parenting classes out where we are, Ask your Maternal and child Health Nurse...


I'm in Creswick and have my local MCHN come out every few weeks for the kids to be weighed....


If i ever have any queries Jo is the first person i ring.....





Good luck..
I would start by calling your pediatrician, they will usually be able to direct you to one. Next I would try your local human resources office.
you can go to the hospital you are going to deliver at and they can let you know of some places. mOst hospitals have classes
Try through the Victoria Department of Health specifically Maternal and Child Health they may have some in your area or may be able to point you in the right direction maybe.
I'm in the U.S., but I am CERTAIN you can run an internet search ';parenting classes australia.'; I just did...

No comments:

Post a Comment