Saturday, January 23, 2010

Truthfully, do you hate the fact that there is teenagers in the parenting section?

Does it bother you or do you not mind if they actually have something helpful to say.Truthfully, do you hate the fact that there is teenagers in the parenting section?
Some of the ones that don't have kids, but yet tell us to raise our kids. Yes that can bug me. But I don't care that much, it's pretty easy to ignore them.Truthfully, do you hate the fact that there is teenagers in the parenting section?
If they're parents, no, it doesn't bother me.





But yeah, it's a bit irritating to have some of the teens on here just spouting off their opinions. Most of the ones I dislike are ';OMG, PARENTS ARE SO AWFUL, I HATE MY LIFE AND YOU'RE ALL BAD PPL FOR TELLING US WHAT TO DO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!!'; That's irritating. Especially annoying is the teen who thinks they're some great martyr at the hands of parents everywhere (because mom took away her cell phone, OMG) and is going through some silly 'anti-authority' phase, thus comes on here and criticizes everyone who doesn't think kids should run the family's life.





If they have something constructive to say, I've got no problem, but I'm pretty sick of getting thumbed and PM'ed because I have opinions on discipline that angsty emo-kid teenagers don't want to hear.
It does not bother me that they are here but It does bother me when they answer questions in such a bad way that you can tell they are teenagers. I am a mom and when I hear people say ';dude wow omg that is so fkin amzng'; I do not like that...when people say ';oh my goodness that is great that he did that'; than I am fine with it because it is a person who knows how to talk in proper english...like your picture and about me seems like you are a teen but you use very nice grammer and spelling. I know some kids dont even know what ';considered'; and ';hence'; mean but I am glad that you do. ((:


thanks so much for the question...stay in school haha.((:
They have entire college courses on child psychology. And it's required for certain jobs, so yeah, I think that there's a reason for thinking people need to be qualified in order to handle children. The average teen clearly isn't if many of them end up pregnant by 16. That alone shows they aren't being taught enough about the very first step to parenthood (sex). So imagine, if a person has trouble finding the latch to open the hood of your car, why would you trust them when they say they know how to repair the radiator?





Anyone can become a parent, but there are few good ones in the world. Since it's not common, nor easy, it isn't right for anyone and everyone to believe they have something to contribute on the matter. A variety of views is good, but if it's too easy for someone to believe what a teen says about parenthood... well, just because advice sounds good doesn't mean it is.





Experience will tell a person what works and what doesn't. So I think that teenagers and those younger should offer their view of what *they* know. Same goes for us adults. For example, I myself ask people younger than me about how they get along with their parents. I want to know what it's like for them, what it means to be a teenager nowadays, because that's what they are. In the same way I don't ask parents what younger people think. 'You are what you are, don't try to overstep your bounds' could be a way of looking at it.
Of course I don't mind, but when some start a answer by saying ''I don't have a child but, ....'' I mean it just pisses me off a tad bit because I would have most likely been looking for a parent who has had similar experiences to me who can give me through %26amp; well laied out advice to follow. But not to the extent where I wouldn't value their opinions.
I somewhat take offense to this. I was a parent at 16 and 17 and have read more books on SIDS, child-rearing, pregnancy, infancy, behavioral disorders, than my library carries.





As long as teens who answer or ask questions aren't DoInG ThiNGZ LiKE ThIZ, and asking or answering questions in an educated manner, I'm cool. But there are some grown people guilty of what I described.
yes it aggrivates me. i can't tell you how many times i have posted a question that i wanted a PARENTS (or ADULTS) view on and i got a bunch of snotty answers from a bunch of teenagers that have no clue what they are talking about. it's one thing if they can give a mature well thought out opinion but when they answer you with stupid stuff it gets annoying.
Being a teenager doesn't make your advice any less (or more) valid. Do you have to be a parent to give a parent advice? What makes ';parents'; the only experts on parenting? Even Mattel asks their customers what they think once in a while.
my son keeps asking me to get him an account (he's 13) and i keep putting him off. i thought that was too young? but at least he's asking i guess.


i think it's good to get a kid's perspective - sometimes. as long as theyre not being obnoxious about it.
If the person I'm talking about knows what he is talking about I would listen to him. You don't necessarely have to be young or old to know about life stuff, you might see it around... and know about it. So not really...
I like when teenagers answer as well as people that actually have kids. Most teenagers are not stupid and can think of good ideas even if they have not had personal experience in parenting. I have gotten great answers from teenagers(not all of them).
i think its good for teenagers (mature ones) to be in this section as sometimes parents forget what its like to be the one whos not the boss


so they lose sight of what will actually get through to teens
Why should it matter truthfully some teens have children and are good parents and can provide someone with help. Also they may need to ask a parenting question. Now it does bother me to see all the trolls on here
Well I'm not a parent YET, but I would take advice from anybody who sounds like he/she knows what he/she is talking abt. I don't care abt the age.
Hey if you are a good parent i dont care how old you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment