Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What is it like to be mother from pregnancy to parenting?

I would like to have a baby, but scared and don't know what to expect.What is it like to be mother from pregnancy to parenting?
The pregnancy part is NOT fun....I can tell you that. But knowing there is life inside of me waiting to come out makes it all worth it. Im pregnant with my first so I don't know much about the parenting part, but can't wait to learn! Good luck.What is it like to be mother from pregnancy to parenting?
its unconditional love. sure you get your stressful moments when you wonder ';am i doing this right? are they going to grow up good'; but all in all its totally awesome. dont know about teen years only got a three, one year old , and prego with number three. dont be scared once it happens its great!
There's no right or wrong answer for this one. There is a lot of responsibilty in having a child, and it's one that you will have for life. I think pregnancy is the easy part compared to the parenting part. During pregnancy your body goes through a lot of physical, chemical, and emotional changes. When you're a parent you don't know what to expect. There's no manual that comes with the child. You just have to wing it! It is scary because when you have this little baby you don't want anything bad to happen to him and you want the best for him. You constantly wonder if you're doing the right thing. There are many challenges and milestones in parenting. I've only gotten up to my oldest child being 4 years old...so I have a long way to go. I think the hardest part is disciplining your child...for me anyway. I hope this helps you in making a decision. Good luck!
Now I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first, and I had a very hard pregnant so far so I'll explain the first trimester.





Nausea hit the day I was suppose to start my period, a flu bug was going around, so I didn't think to take a pregnancy test. When I looked at the calender and noticed I had been cramping mildly, I realized I was 5 days late so I took a pregnancy test which came back positive. Then I took 4 more because I thought I had peed on the stick wrong, I did not plan this at all.





The morning sickness is ALL day. From morning to noon to night, small meals throughout the day help, but you want the food to be bland, grease-free and easy to manage. Anything citrusy will give you heartburn and you WILL get up at 3am to pee during the first trimester as well. You need 64 oz of water every 8 hrs to stay hydrated and you want to get prenatal vitamins asap. Start them before you get pregnant if this planned, it gets all that good health and vitamins in your system and ready for baby.





You experience cramping through the entire first trimester, that feels like you're going to start your period and sometimes a little worse, but it's normal. You also may experience implantation bleeding, like I did, which is light bleeding, especially when you wipe right around a week or so after you're period is suppose start. This is also normal.





You can smell everything...including smells that other people swear aren't there (like the next door neighbor's wife making breakfast)...and they all make you sick. If you have cats, don't touch the cat box, don't eat raw beef or the roastbeef lunchmeat without it being cooked well done, these things can carry a virus that causes birth defects.





You will suffer from terrible mood swings, and it seems to be worse in your first trimester and I hear your 3rd, though the 2nd is probably the best part of the pregnancy.





The morning sickness starts to minimize when you hit about week 12 and you won't even notice it until you get up and brush your teeth and don't find yourself dry heaving over the toilet from toothpaste...:)





The first ultrasound will make you cry, sappy commericals make you cry, and chick flicks will make you cry. You will retain water the first trimester, have lower back pain, lower abdomen cramping and you will feel like you can't breathe when you lay on your back. Keep a box of tissues with you at all times, have a lot of emotional support from women who have children already or are pregnant, and you will feel an overwhelming sensation to want to go home and have your mom take care of you. These are all normal. Buy plenty of prenatal baby books too, they help.





My favorite is ';A Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy';.
it a journey of self discovery...before my daughter i was so clueless to what really mattered in life. i was stuck in what dr suess called the waiting place. where everyone sits around waiting for the next big thing in their life to happen. once i became pregnant i was forced to grow up and quickly. i went from the biggest party girl i mean vip at clubs everything to being stuck at home all the time. i started going to church with my mom. i mean church was pretty much my life i went 3 times a week! then when i had my daughter is only made me that much more grown up. you go from wanting to go out all the time to having way much more fun just sitting at home holding your baby. my life for once felt complete. then i got pregnant again almost right away. and now here i am pregnant again 30 weeks...with a 9 and half month old. its really trying at times. you have to love your kids more than yourself. you have to pretty much be selfless in ordered for your children to survive becuz you do give up ALOT! everyone you used to be friends with will no longer really be your friends you'll find yourself wanting friends with kids. becuz non parents don't understand that you can't and don't want to go out every night. that you miss your kids. that you don't wanna be away from them an unnecessary amount of time. non parent friends don't see why you would wanna be around them so much when you could get away. lol...its really completely life changing but its for the best and you won't really miss the life you had before.
noone really knows what it like and how they going to cope but ur maternal instinct Will kick in trust me. we all make mistakes as regards our kids but we learn from them. just love them and be responsible for them. it very diff from makin the transition from preg to motherhood, u expect it to be more of a lovely experience than it actually is but i would not change it for the world
being pregnant is the most wonderful thing in the world feeling the little kicks and flutters seeing baby on ultrasound listening to the heart beat and anxious to have the baby and hold it and love it for eternity parenting is the most wonderful thing too but its kind of a tough job getting up in the middle of the night changing poopy diapers,making formula,baby all cranky and cant calm down and it makes you want to cry it comes with it All is worth it all
I loved being pregnant...I feel better pregnant than not pregnant many women do....children are a blessing and a challenge..it truly is a labor of love...I would NOT take back being a mother for one second...it is the most important job....

No comments:

Post a Comment