Saturday, January 23, 2010

Parents could you please click here and help me understand some parenting skills?

I get the whole ';Im big, your small'; parenting thing where they tell you what to do. And I am a child and Im average in behavior. My grades are really advanced, but my parents dont seem to care about that. I think they just wanna tell me what to do whether it hurts my feelings or not. I am a kid, but I AM a person too.Parents could you please click here and help me understand some parenting skills?
Yes... I don't see the question in this statement, so I don't no how to answer, but I'll try.





It's common that children see it as that way. The whole ';bossy'; parent thing, and maybe an incident has just recently happened that's keeping that view fresh in your mind, but I'm sure your parents love and care about you. I'm sure they're glad you get good grades (less money that they have to pay in the long run!), and I'm sure they DEFINITELY want you around for more than just bossing purposes.





A lot of kids do feel the way you do, but your parents do have authority. It's their job to parent, and it's best if you be light on them, because it's a tough, tough job. So, I'm sure your parents do care, you just might not be feeling that right now. I can't see how a parent can't NOT care. I love my daughter to pieces, and there's nothing she (or I) can do to change that.





Yes, you are a person. But a young one, and it's best if you respect your parents unless they're requiring you to do unethical things.





Good luck! :)Parents could you please click here and help me understand some parenting skills?
Whether they will admit it or not, your parents are probably treating you just like they were treated when they were you age. Expecting them to change their perspective on how they should treat you is like asking them to speak to you in German. Did they grow up speaking German? Did their parents speak German? Did they practice speaking German on their own? Probably not.





The best thing you can do is explain to them how you feel. They might have a moment when they can completely relate because that is how their parents made them feel. If you can get them to understand how it hurts you they may be willing to try to change their ways.





Whenever they hurt your feelings, just remember- you weren't born with an instruction manual and they are just doing what their parents taught them. It may not always be right but they are probably not acting this way to hurt you.





If they tell you what to do and you disagree, tell them why in a calm way and try to compromise. Get them in the habit of letting you make your own decisions.
Are you the only child? What do you ask to do that they dont want you to? How old are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment