Saturday, January 23, 2010

What skills and attributes do teenage/older mother bring to parenting?

For My Childstudies class.What skills and attributes do teenage/older mother bring to parenting?
A teenage mother loves her baby the same as an older mother loves hers. But everything else is different.





Teenage mother: More energy





Older mother: More of everything else!





Did you know that it takes an EXTRA $230,000 to raise a child? Who is more likely to be able to earn that?





Good luck with your class.What skills and attributes do teenage/older mother bring to parenting?
the skills a teenage mother brings to parenting I would have to say is slim to none. They have not reached maturity yet. Most haven't graduated high school, nor have they been to college. They haven't even held a real job for any extended period of time. They end up on the welfare system and if they are lucky their parents are the one's usually raising the child. I say lucky, because a lot have their kids taken away for abuse, drugs, neglect, or worse they throw their children in a dumpster out of shame or regret. You can look up statistics by using Google and typing in your states name and statistics on teenage birth rate, etc.


Waiting until you are a little older to have children you gain a lot more life experience, you get your ';teenage fun time'; out of the way. You ensure a little stability. By then you have learned many life lessons, things you can teach your children when you have them. The good, the bad and the ugly. Having a child at any age isn't easy. Having a child as a teenager is just dumb. It will leave you full of what if's. I promise.
Very interesting question. One thing you failed to to specify is, are we talking about all first time mothers? Because an older mother who is lets say 36 and has 3, 4, 5 kids already is way different than a 35 year old who is a first time mother. Much like the 17 year old who is a first time mother verses the 17 year old who has another child. It is my guess, without generalizing too much, older mothers have more patience, resources and choices available to them. Younger mothers have more energy and are more open to accepting situations as they are, not like they ';should'; be. I don't mean that last as a negative, I mean, they don't have lots of friends with kids, they are the pioneers of their age group so if baby isn't walking at 10 months, they won't panic and as such be more at ease with the fact that walking at 11 months is ok.


I have a friend who was the first child to a 15 year old mom and a friend who was the first child of a mother who was 42. They both turned out ok. They both had their own struggles...just like the rest of us, but kids are very adaptable, as long as mom does her best. Good luck with your class...it sounds like a very interesting, informative class that will inspire a lot of meaningful discussion, very fun.
I definitely agree w mom of 3... PATIENCE!


I had my daughter at 19 and was so damn impatient w her it sucked. I'm not that much older, I'm 22 now and just had a lil boy a few wks ago and this time around just feels like a breeze. I have all the patience in the world w him and w my daughter, I would just run out of the room crying in frustration. I always tell my bf I wish I could have been more patient w her, that's the only regret in my life so far.


Patience definitely comes w age.
ok I had one son when I was 17. My second son when I was 20 and my third son when I was 27. I firmly believe that patience is something that only time can teach you. I love all 3 of my boys but really wish I had the first two when i was older. You to appreciate them more when you are older. PATIENCE is HUGE with kids!!! I remember so much more and pay so much more attention to my baby, because as an adult I know how fast it goes, My older two missed out on alot and so did I by having them so young.
Teenage:


- more active, energetic for children


- understand children more


- more up to date





Older Mother:


- more mature


- more financially stable
  • loreal makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment