Monday, December 28, 2009

What is the best parenting arrangement for 5 year old starting school?

My 5 year old daughter starts school next year and my ex and I can't seem to agree on the best parenting arrangement. I have proposed a week on week off arrangement as I feel this would provide more stability. She prefers a mid week handover. Which of these options would be better for my daughter? What is the best parenting arrangement for 5 year old starting school?
It will depend on how much her schedule changes when she is transferred -- like does she have to get up earlier for school, a longer drive, etc. I would think that the week on/week off would be best for consistency, but I'm sure it would be hard on you (and the ex) not to see her for a week.





Good luck!What is the best parenting arrangement for 5 year old starting school?
If you're both near the school, I think either arrangement can be fine. I know people who've handed off mid week for years and it totally works for them. Not that their children are older, it requires coordination of activities, etc but is very doable.
My friends picks her daughter up from school on a monday afternoon and drops her off the following monday, and then her dad picks her up from school and the cycle goes on.





It works well.
my daughter see her dad every other weekend and he takes her school on monday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment