Thursday, December 31, 2009

What do you think of parenting classes that do a mechanical baby project?

I'm in a parent/child development class and in November, we're doing a baby project. For this, we get a mechanical baby that cries every three to four hours and we have to hold a key in their back for about 10-15 minutes, to symbolize feeding them. We get the babies for five days, over night and over a weekend. We also have to take them to classes, when the teachers allow it. I cannot wait until we get to do this project, it's most of the reason I wanted to take this class.





Anyway, just wondering your thoughts on the project and if you think it's a good idea.





Oh, and btw, I'm a senior in high school, the class is open to ninth-twelfth, I think.What do you think of parenting classes that do a mechanical baby project?
I took that class in high school. I remember when i had to ';feed'; the baby during the night.... i put the key in, and put the rubber band around the arm, Or something like that, to hold the key in place..and went back to sleep.


If you drive with the baby, do use the seat belt. mine was in the front seat, and i slammed on my breaks and the baby went flying to the dashboard then to the floor, and i got points docked for that.





I will tell you this, that it is nothing compared to the real thing. It's not even comparable in any aspect other then it's a baby.


I think that for this type of class, they need to get real babies.. and have the class take care of the baby for 8 hours...


I'm sure alot of people would think twice about having sex! (not implying anything about you)What do you think of parenting classes that do a mechanical baby project?
I had this project in high school it was great my dad wasn't so fond of it waking him up at night but I was really good about quieting it right away so it wasn't so bad.
I think it is far more realistic than carrying around an egg like we had to (back in the pre-mechanical baby days.) My only issue is that a week is too short! If they are trying to prevent teen pregnancies, you want to make the light at the end of the tunnel a bit further away! It'd be even more realistic if they were to cry inconsolably every now and then. But that'd put people off taking the class, heheh.
I think it's a really lame idea. I did the egg thing in high school, which really sucked. With ours, we had to poke a hole in each end and blow the yolks and whites out so they were way fragile. The flour sacks are easily replaced too. But as for the mechanical ones~~~there's always a way to cheat your way around it, which is sad. There is no cheating when it's a real baby.
  • lip chap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment