Monday, December 28, 2009

For parents who have older children: What age did you find parenting to be the most difficult?

My husband and I were debating this a few nights ago. What age was your child that you found to be the most stressful, difficult, confusing on you as a parent? Does the age differ between girls and boys?For parents who have older children: What age did you find parenting to be the most difficult?
Between 6th and 10th grade with my oldest was just miserable for me. Now that she is older, I can also step outside myself long enough to see that it was miserable for her too.


See, I was under the impression that she did it just to spite me, LOL.


I don't know, yet, if there is a difference between boys and girls.


I think it varies from kid to kid.


My youngest daughter is now in 7th grade, and I have had none of the problems with her that I had with my oldest by this age.


And my son is in 5th grade..... it doesn't look as if he'll be giving me much grief either.


I will tell you that my oldest went back and forth between her father and I, and therein may have been the difference. Not a bad man by any stretch of the imagination, but he parented much differently than I do.


Maybe she acted out from being confused, and getting mixed messages ?For parents who have older children: What age did you find parenting to be the most difficult?
I have a 16 almost 17 year old and a 7 almost 8 year old. I have found that no age is easier or more difficult then any other. The challenges and rewards may change but it's all the same yet different.
a span of about 6 months that happens anytime between 13 and 15 where you have to re-establish you are the boss and still holding the reins...once this stage is conquered ..its smooth sailing . If it never gets established ..your life will be teenage hell
In my opinion it was the teenage years..15 on up!
teens

No comments:

Post a Comment