Thursday, December 31, 2009

Teens; What parenting skills will you borrow from your own parents when you have children?

If you have a good look at the way your parents raised you/are raising you, what do you disagree with?





What will make a conscience choice to do/not do with your own children (when you decide to have them)?





Do you think your parents have done a good job at raising you? Why or why not?Teens; What parenting skills will you borrow from your own parents when you have children?
I agree with almost everything they did. In fact, I don't think I'd change anything. Mine were always very open and honest with me, and extremely supportive when I needed them most.





I believe that my parents have done a great job with me, quite honestly - I've managed to gain my undergraduate degree, have nearly gained my postgraduate, and have taken a year off because I was ill, and all at the age of 23, which I think is pretty impressive. I literally couldn't have done it without their support, both financial and emotional.Teens; What parenting skills will you borrow from your own parents when you have children?
As of now I don't wan't kids.
My parents rasied me in a semi strict Christian enviriment. I was homeschooled all my life. To some people they might think I might be one of those 'sterotype' homeschoolers when they hear that I'm homeschooled. But I'm not, I like how my parents rasied my siblings and I in some areas. Other areas not so much.





I like how my parents installed in me at a young age to know right from wrong. And to show respect to my elders. I'm also glad that my parents rasied my siblings and I in a Christian Home. We are very blessed to have that privilage. And I love that my siblings and I know that our parents love us no matter what we do. I'm also glad to know that my parents will always be there for me, no matter what.





One of the things I won't do when I have kids is to homeschool them without first giving them a choice. If I ever homeschool my kids it will be because they literally can't go to school (because of health issues or some such thing) Or they want to be homeschooled. I want my kids to not be as sheltered as I was and to understand WHY they can't do stuff. I want to be able to give my future kids answers, that make sense instead of the typical parent responces ';Because I said so'; And as I do wish I was raised a bit differently but I know that I can't change it. I do know that when I have kids I will mostly try to follow my parents footsteps in raising kids. Not all of the ways, but most of them.





I know the way my parents raised me and my siblings was the best way they knew how. I know parents make mistakes and aren't perfect. But I also know that my parents are the best parents I could have had. Thank God for placing in the family I have. I don't think I could ever give up my parents. So basically I think my parents have done a pretty good job in raising me, I've never been arested, never gotten drunk/drank acholal or have done drugs. Haven't killed anyone, haven't been in jail, get along mostly with my siblings and parents.


I know I'm very blessed with the parents God gave me.
Chose good morals. Stick with them. Enforce them. Spread them around in annoying chain letters.





Yeah, my rents have been good. The only thing I would change is the myspace rule. (They don't care if i have a myspace, but I don't get on it.)





My parents have been morally right. They never abuse me, love me, do all they can. Sacrifices come with children, and they've chosen well.
I grew up in a family of 8, Mum and Dad 3 boys 3 girls and we are all basically all decent people.


I however haven't had kids and in a way I don't mind.
My parents raised me with high morals and pushed for perfection. I'd like the children of tomorrow [whether they're mine or not] to have a good sense of what is right and what is wrong, but I don't want them to feel pressured to be a certain way.





From the very start my parents discouraged name-calling and teasing. They told me stories of ways in which they'd been teased as children, and asked me how I would feel if something similar happened to me. In our house, there was never a question that couldn't be answered, and questions about everyday life were paritucarly important. If we were at the supermarket or out eating in public, my parents would look for misbehaving children and quietly, patiently explain to me just what they were doing wrong.





I think because my parents were so open and because they were ALWAYS trying to teach me SOMETHING, I've grown up with a better understanding of the world and the people in it.





For example, I know that there are ';preps';, ie, kids whose parents spoil them rotten. I know that there are ';nerds';, ie, kids who actually care about their education. And I know that there are the ';misfits';, ie, people who aren't afraid to be themselves. I would never prejudice someone solely on the way they look or do things.





Originality, in our household, was always rewarded. Now if I see someone in school doing something in an unusual way, I applaud them for it rather than point and say ';look at that loser; what at idiot';, as most of my classmates would.





The only thing I think I would do different than my parents has to do with siblings, and splitting equal praise between them. I have two older brothers who are both exceptionally intelligent. I've spent a lot of my life chasing after their shadows, and I don't think my parents ever really noticed until recently. [I am fourteen.] I second-guess myself a lot, wondering if what I'm doing is ';enough';.





Grades were always [and still are] the clincher here. For the longest time I was scared of what would happen if I were to bring home a C. Lately, though, my parents have made it clear to me that they will always be proud of me. It sounds cheesy now that I think about it, but they sat me down and explained to me the things they are particuarly proud of me for. They said that though my brothers excell at mathematics, neither of them ever took an interest in English, something I am passionate about. They also congratulated me on the way I feel everyone deserves a fair second chance.





I love my parents dearly and couldn't imagine being better. :]
my parents have raised me well even though sometimes i wish that they were younger and much more hip (their in their 40's and im 13) because my friends parents are in their 30's. but they have more experience because they raised 2 other teens before me and because of their oldness (lol)


yeah sometimes being old helps
As I was growing up I intensely disliked my parents, the enforced religious beliefs of my step mother and the hidings I got from an unpredictable father.


As a result I would really moody and often depressed. That led me to have a low self esteem and it wasn't until I started working that I was the equal to others.


My upbringing led me to make mistakes, and face up to them, and basically I am a good guy, the only trouble with the law were a couple DIC incidents.


That was in the days when drink driving was rarely enforced and hardly mentioned as it is now.
I do disaggree with the way my parents raised me. They drink, party, are self centered and are never around. I will choose to put family before friends when I am a parent. No, I don't think they did a good job raising me. They have taught me nothing, but I have learned from my own mistakes.
as of now, i don't want any kids when i grow up.





:oh thanks for giving me thumbs down just because unlike most teens i dont want any kids.
Im 16 and having a lil girl name mylie, i learned a lot from my parents about parents, I agree not to spoil her to death, not to baby them so much, becuase my sister was babyied and she is such a wuss now and has no friends. also punishment is totally nessasry you really do learn from it. eat all you vegies, but make a game out of it so they do eat them for fun! play with them for at least an hour daily, they need parent play time even if there new born!!! what I dissagree with is not listening to his/her side of the story and diside a good soulution, i disagree with yelling when unessasry. i disagree with not doing somthing with them becuase you dont wnat to and make up an ecuse thats just plain oll mean. those are the things i will and wil not do with mylie!!!1








please pick me as a best answer ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment